Teenage years are tumultuous – both for teens and those who love them.
Teens are subject to enormous social, education, and familial pressures. It can be extremely difficult for them, and it is hard for adults to truly remember what it was like to go through it themselves.
At the same time, this is a period of unparalleled opportunity: a chance to build a strong foundation to carry them through their young adulthood and beyond.
We have a true passion for working with teens.
There is no other time in life that holds such opportunity for growth. Therapy can address serious concerns or explore who you are and what you want for the future.
Some common things we work on in therapy with teens include:
- Depression, anxiety, and mood disorders
- ADHD coaching and education
- Body image concerns
- School related anxiety, including school refusal and bullying
- Transition and adjustment to college
- Blended families
- Grief, loss, and change
- Teen pregnancy and options
- Meaning and purpose seeking
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender concerns
If you’d like to explore adolescent therapy with us, please give us a call today or use the form below to send an email.